This is a love spell meant to be done by someone wanting to attract a love interest – or in other words, a soul mate. This is not meant to be done by someone that’s already in a relationship (unless you’re in a polygamous relationship looking for another lover and your current partner is aware of your intentions) nor is it for someone who wants to do this but has a specific person in mind whom they want to attract. This spell is for attracting a person that has the qualities you’re looking for in a partner. Focus on the qualities that you want to attract, not a face.
This spell is called “to lure a sailor,” in reference to the Sirens in Greek mythology which were sometimes depicted as half-birds, half-women, that sang to sailors and caused them to crash their ships. In some myths Mermaids are believed to do this as well.
This spell requires a few Lady-in-Waiting Venus seashells because I love the look of them and they represent love, beauty and compassion to me. In Roman Mythology, Venus is the goddess of love, sex and beauty.
The color pink is also used in this spell – not red. Red is sometimes used to represent love, but personally red represents lust and sex while pink represents love. But if you want to use red instead of pink materials, the choice is yours.
Timing: Friday; Waxing Moon *
- 1 glass jar/bottle with a lid
- 1 large Lady-in-waiting Venus sea shell – optional
- A pink or white candle – optional
- A handful of small Lady-in-waiting Venus seashells
- Pink ribbon
- Pink rose petals – optional
- A piece of paper
- A writing utensil
- Once you’ve gathered all of the materials, think about the qualities that you’re looking for in a partner and write them down on the piece of paper. While you put your spell bottle together, focus on the qualities that you’ve listed.
- Put the right amount of sand that you want in the bottom of the jar.
- Place the rose petals and the small Venus-in-waiting sea shells in the jar on top of the sand.
- Wrap your note with pink ribbon and then place the note in the sand that is in the jar.
- Seal the jar with the cork or lid when you’re done. (You can also seal the jar with white or pink candle wax if you want).
- When you’re done you can wrap the jar with more pink ribbon and decorate the ribbon with the larger Venus-in-waiting sea shell.